You can print anything from Chrome OS via Google’s Cloud Print solution. But before trying to Print From Chromebook To Canon Printer, you need add the printer. However, most computers connect to printers via USB cable or wireless network but Chromebooks is a bit different. Instead of having a direct connection with a printer, chromebook uses something called Google Cloud Print. This application allows you to print from any device associated to a network, including phones, tablets, computers, and, of course, Chromebooks. This means you can print from anywhere else as long as you’re connected to the Internet. When you use Google Cloud Print to print a document, the print job gets sent to a Google server. From there you can choose the type of printer that you are accessing.
If you have a Canon printer, you are required to first Set up Google Cloud Print on the computer at which your printer is currently connected. You will also need to have Google Chrome downloaded, and you must be signed in to Chrome with the Google account you want to use with Google Cloud Print.
Steps To Print From Chromebook To Canon Printer
Go through the below-mentioned points to know the right ways for printing from Chromebook to Canon printer. Have a glimpse:
Step 1: Chromebook Printer Setup
Following are the guidelines for setting up chromebook:
- Turn your Canon printer ON
- Open Google Chrome on which your computer is connected to printer
- After that, from the top-right corner of the browser, click “Chrome” menu and then select the “Settings” option
- Now, scroll your cursor down to select “Show advanced settings..”
- After that, locate the section labelled “Google Cloud Print” and then select “Manage”
- A “Devices” window will open. Choose “Add Printers” option
- A lists of printers connected to your computer will appear. Select the printers you want to add, then click “Add printers” from the bottom of the page
- The printers you have selected will now be registered with your Google account and now your Chromebook is ready to print the document
Step 2: Print Using Google Cloud Print
- First open the page you want to print
- Now, click “File” and then select “Print”. Rather that choosing print option you can also press the keys “Ctrl + P” simultaneously
- Doing this, a Google Cloud Print window will appear. Click “Change” option
- A ‘Select a destination’ dialog box will display with a list of printers and options. Select the printer you want to print from and then select “Print” button
Talk To Tech-Specialists For Instant Support
If you don’t get satisfied with the above written procedures, then don’t panic! We have technical professional team working day and night only for you. Make a direct communication to them via dialing the given helpline number and follow the instructions in exactly the same way that they proffer you on phone call. By doing this, it is 100% surety that you can hassle-freely print from Chromebook.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Connect My Chromebook To My Canon Printer?
Below are some easy to implement a process that you need to follow step by step to do so:
- Use the USB cable to connect your printer and your Chromebook.
- Navigate to the setting of the Chromebook
- In the search box, you should type ‘print’.
- Select the ‘Printers’ option in the next window
- Select the ‘Add Printer’ option and a list of the available printers appears.
- Select your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Chromebook to the Canon printer.
Can I Print From A Chromebook?
Of course, you can have a print directly from the Chromebook. Before you begin, you should connect your printer to the ‘Cloud Print’. Once you establish the connection, you will be able to print from the Chromebook. Simply go to the item you want to print and then use the keyboard to press the ‘Ctrl’ key and ‘P’ key simultaneously to start the print job. Moreover, if you are facing any kind of hitches or glitches, you can fetch the technical assistance from the experts.
Will A Canon Printer Work With A Chromebook?
Not all Canon printers are capable of working with a Chromebook. If you want to make use of the Canon printer, you should try using the printers mentioned below:
- Canon PIXMA TS6220,
- Canon TS9120,
- Canon PIXMA TR4520
- And others
To start a print job, you should begin with the connection process. Once you connect it to the Chromebook, you can accomplish print jobs in a proper manner. So, what are you waiting for when these printers have that much potential to cater to your needs?
What Printers Are Compatible With A Chromebook?
Below are the few printers of different brands that are fully compatible with the Chromebook. Have a glance:-
- HP Envy 5055 Wireless Printer: It has the ability to produce maximum printing resolution and great printouts.
- Canon TS9120 Wireless Printer: It is one of the best in class printer produces 5 to 6 printouts in a fraction of seconds.
- Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless Printer: It helps in printing high-quality graphics and photos swiftly.
- Canon PIXMA TS6220 Printer: It can be the one-stop printer for printing great and the lab-quality photos.
- Brother HL-L2350DW Monochrome Printer: It is ideal for printing and legal official letters and documents
How Do I Connect My Chromebook To My Wireless Printer?
To begin with the connection process, you should press and hold the Wi-Fi button for a couple of seconds. Now, go to the router and press the WPS button until a light lamp stats flashing for once. Move to the ‘Chromebook’ option and then reach out to the ‘Settings’ icon. Click the ‘Advanced’ option and click on the ‘Printers’ option from the ‘Printing’ section. After that, you will have to click on the ‘Add Printer’ option and then click the ‘Add’ option. Hence, it will connect your Chromebook to your wireless printer.
How Do I Manually Add A Printer?
Implement these steps and add a printer manually:
- By making use of the USB cable, you can connect the printer to your computer system.
- Turn your printer on and then navigate to the ‘Start’ menu.
- Reach out to the ‘Settings’ option and then click on the ‘Devices’ option.
- You should also click on the ‘Add a printer’ option.
- Select the printer, once the ‘Windows’ detects your printing device.
- Follow the on-screen steps carefully to manually add a printer in a trouble-free manner.
How Do I Print From A Google Chromebook?
If you are looking forward to getting the print from the Google Chromebook, you should follow the below-mentioned steps.
- For that, you need to open the content you want to print.
- Next, you should navigate to the ‘Chrome Browser Settings’ icon.
- Select the ‘Print’ option and then choose the ‘Change’ option available next to the ‘Destination’ option.
- Choose your printer you want the print from and then set it as a print destination.
- Specify the need by adjusting the print settings, and then click on the ‘Print’ option.
How Can I Print From A USB?
- You should turn on your printer.
- Insert the USB drive directly into port and make sure it appears on your computer system.
- Hit on the ‘Menu’ button.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ print option.
- Press the ‘OK’ button.
- Select the document you want to print from USB.
- Again press the ‘OK’ option.
- Specify the number of copies you want and press the ‘Print’ option.
As a result, you will get the print of your documents available in your USB drive with ease.
How Do You Add A Printer?
On your very first step, you should click the ‘Start’ button and then navigate to the ‘Control Panel’ option. Here, you need to click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ and then opt for the ‘Add a Printer’ option. Now, you will come across the ‘Add Printer’ wizard and go to ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’ option. Select the printer from the list of available printers and then click on the ‘Next’ option. Doing so will help you to add your printer and you can easily add a printer with optimum ease.