Locate the WPS Pin Canon Printer and Link Printer Wirelessly
The WPS method is a great way to link your Canon printer to the gateway or wireless router. When you hit this button on your Canon printer and on your router for two minutes, both these devices link to each other.
The WPS pin on the printer is a quick and efficient way of linking the printer to wireless technology. But you need to know where exactly is WPS pin Canon printer is so you can access it. In this article, you’ll figure out the steps to locate this crucial pin on your printing device.
What Is WPS Pin Canon Printer?
The WPS Pin Canon printer allows you to link your printing device to a wireless network. Put simply; it is a code that you need to input into the internal settings of the wireless router. This button allows your Canon wireless printer to link with your device through a safe wireless network. Moreover, you don’t need any password or SSID to set up a network through the WPS method.
You can find this code on the LCD screen of your Canon printing device or on the LAN Details page. This page is also called the Network Configuration page.
When you enter the Canon printer WPS Pin, you authenticate the connection between the two devices. The WPS Pin model allows you to bring efficiency into your work output. This technology is not only safe but also speedier than the traditional USB connection.
Where Is the WPS Pin on My Canon Printer?
There are two ways to locate WPS pin Canon printer. You can do it either by the setup method or by pushing the WPS button on your Canon printer. Both these methods are explained in detail for you.
1. Configure the connection via the WPS Pin code
Begin by accessing the wireless configuration router from your system that’s linked. Then use these pointers.
- Input the WPS pin number of the Canon printer on the screen.
- If you find any problems during this process, read the manual for the connection setup process of your Canon printing device.
- Now go to the ‘Menu’ button present on the home page.
- Now you’ll see some lists.
- Here, tap the ‘Network Settings’ option.
- You will see its login page appearing on the screen.
- Here, input the pin number and ID name.
- After you are logged in, tap ‘Wireless LAN Configuration Settings.’
- Now you’ll see a message saying, ‘Do you want to allow the wireless LAN configuration process?’
- Here tap ‘Yes.’
- Go through the content that’s displayed.
- Agree to all the conditions by tapping ‘OK.’
- In the ‘Wireless LAN Configuration,’ tap the ‘WPS Code’ option.
- Now tap ‘Yes.’
- Input the pin code and ID again on your system.
- If you’ve inputted the correct ID and code, you will see the computer giving you the registered pin code.
- Register this WPS pin code Canon printer to the wireless configuration router.
- Ensure to do this within ten minutes of tapping ‘Yes.’
- If you see an error message on the setup screen, tap ‘Close’ and again click the ‘WPS code’ option.
- Now see if the Wi-Fi signal is flashing on your system panel. It implies that the setup has been detected.
- After the setup process, wait for some time.
2. Setup the connection using the WPS Pin Canon printer button
You can also establish a connection via the WPS option. All you need is a wireless router and a WPS-supporting access point. You can now follow these essential steps.
- Hit the ‘Setup’ button on your printing device.
- Navigate to the ‘Device Settings.’ You can use arrows to go to it.
- After that, choose the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, head to ‘LAN Settings.’
- Hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, go to the ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ area. Do so by using the arrows.
- After that, hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Let your Canon printer identify the WPS access point.
- When it detects the access point, the connection will begin by itself.
- You should now press and hold the WPS button consistently without releasing it for about 5 seconds.
- After this time, hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, again press and hold the WPS button. Do it for some seconds and after that, hit the ‘OK’ button.
- You will notice the ‘Connected’ status displaying on your screen.
- At this moment, choose ‘OK.’
- Now, choose the ‘Copy’ button.
- This will make you go to standby mode for the printer.
- That’s it, you have found out WPS Pin on Canon printer. The connection has been established.
- You can now commence the wireless setup of your Canon printer.
- You can easily connect your printer to your computer with the aid of this WPS pin Canon printer feature.
Resolve Problems While Using the WPS Connection Method
While you are locating the Canon printer WPS pin and setting up the connection, you may face some errors. Here is how to troubleshoot the different errors.
1. Cannot connect error
The ‘Cannot Connect’ error message appears when various connections from different wireless routers are being attempted simultaneously. In this instance, you need to just wait for some time. Then configure the WPS settings again. Ensure you only hit the ‘WPS’ button on a single wireless router.
2. Failed to connect error
In this error, also you need to configure the WPS settings again. To redo the settings, follow these steps.
- Click the WPS button and tap ‘OK.’
- Now, keep holding and pressing the WPS button on your router.
- Now, click ‘OK’ on your Canon printing device within two minutes.
- When the ‘Connected to the wireless router’ message displays, click ‘OK.’
- Now, click the ‘Home’ symbol on the left portion of your screen.
- Once you do that, the error will get resolved.
3. Timeout error
The timeout error shows up when the WPS setup isn’t executed within the defined time. Resolve it by checking that your network device or router is turned on. Turn it off. Then switch it again.
Also read-canon printer in error state
You can follow a specific method from the ones mentioned in this article and easily find WPS pin Canon printer. It’ll end your confusion about finding the pin and connecting your printer wirelessly without any issues. If you need more clarification about it, seek the help of printer technical support experts.