How To Clean Printer Head Canon In Quick Steps?
Are you wondering why your Canon Printer suddenly stops printing or serves faded or streaky printouts? It is a terrific issue that usually happens because the printhead inside your Canon Printer is clogged. Thus, get the easy tricks in this blog to learn How to clean printer head Canon and immediately print again.
Even Canon Printhead may clog if the ink is dried out or dust particles accumulated in the nozzles. However, grabbing a high standard of printing is everyone’s priority; so, maintain the performance of your Canon Printer.
What Is PrintHead In Canon Printer?
The printhead is adjusted into the printer and sprays ink droplets through nozzles to generate a print. Each color of ink has its own nozzle, so prints may appear faded or blank if any of the nozzles are blocked. In such a scenario, knowing, how to clean Canon printer Heads improves the printouts quality. Whether the documents are blurry or the image is missing one color, simply cleaning the clogged printhead is ultimately required.
When Do You Need To Clean The PrintHead?
If the Canon Printer printing blank pages even after having sufficient ink levels, then the printhead is clogged and needs to be cleaned ASAP. Also, there are a few situations that will inform that your printhead needs to be cleaned.
Here’re the possible conditions:
- When receiving a smudged printout.
- When your printer prints blank pages.
- The printed documents are blurry or faded.
- If a specific line is missing in the printouts.
- If, in case, horizontal white streaks are displayed on the printed paper.
- If specific color fails to print even though there is enough ink.
Learn How To Clean Printer Head Canon Manually And Automatically
Some of the fruitful ways to clean the printhead are listed beneath. Thus, check out the complete procedure and implement them accordingly for cleaning the printhead efficiently. Let’s begin with to follow:
Method 1: Automatically Cleaning The PrintHead Nozzle
Canon Printer has a built-in cleaning function that directly leads you to clean up your printhead which is clogged. Let’s try it out using the following guidelines if you literally want to know How to clean Printer heads Canon automatically:
- In the very beginning , ensure your Canon printer is ON.
- Now, touch the setup (gear icon) displayed on the printer’s home screen.
- Next, select the “Maintenance (tools)” icon.
- After that, click the “Cleaning” tab and then tap “Yes” when getting prompts.
- Now, the printer will start cleaning and continue the process for a minute.
- Once it’s done! Do command for a nozzle check test page to see if the cleaning has improved printing quality.
If unfortunately, lines are missing or still receiving faded printouts, then this time, run a deep cleaning on the printer. The procedure for deep cleaning the printhead is similar as the regular cleaning above. The only change is clicking on the “Deep Cleaning” tab instead of selecting the “Cleaning” option. The printhead is cleaned after the completion of the deep cleaning process and hence, continue printing.
Method 2: Manually Clean A PrintHead Using Damp Towel
Sometimes, the built-in cleaning function is not enough in terms of cleaning the clogged printhead. So, let’s take a step further to manually clean the printhead. These are the steps you need to carry:
- First, take a warm wetted paper towel and stain the cartridge with the printhead facing downside onto the paper towel. Doing this will discard any dried ink available on the printhead.
- Thereafter, carefully hold the cartridge along with the printhead facing down against a dry paper towel for 2-3 minutes. A dry paper towel will sponge the ink out. Don’t wipe off the print head as this may cause damage.
- Afterward, reinstall the ink cartridge properly and then attempt to print just to check if you receive quality printouts without any interruption.
Method 3: Manually Cleaning With A Removable Printhead
Canon PIXMA printers usually use individual ink cartridges and have a removable printhead. So, if you have a Canon Pixma printer and want to learn how to clean Canon Pixma Printer heads, follow the below-noted steps:
- First of all, wait for the cartridges to center.
- Then, slightly remove the cartridges from the printer.
Pull up on the left side of the cartridge carriage to release the latch.
- Then, carefully remove the Canon printHead from the carriage.
- Now, you’ll see the printhead nozzle on the back side of the printhead.
- Take the line-free cloth wetted with hot water and then gently wipe out the excessive ink that appears on the printhead nozzle.
- After that ,place the printhead in the container with a submerged paper towel. Don’t touch the nozzle while placing the printhead as it gets damaged easily.
- Now, let the printhead soak for almost 10 minutes.
- Afterward, take the printhead out from the container and place it on a dry paper towel for 15 minutes. During this whole process, the printhead nozzle should be facing up.
- Finally, reinstall the printhead properly back into the Canon Printer. Remember to secure the latch to avoid any damage.
- Now, after everything is cleaned and restored, perform a nozzle check to analyze the quality of the printouts.
Method 4: Deep Cleaning The Printhead on Windows
If the print quality is still poor and yet seeking How To Clean Printer Head Canon, clean the printhead deeply using the following steps:
- First, prepare a stack of A-4-sized plain white paper.
- Next, ensure the power is switched ON.
- Now, load a sheet of A-4-sized plain white paper.
- Gently open the front cover and pull out the Paper Output Tray.
- Afterward, open the printer driver setup window.
- And then, clean the printhead deeply. Here’s how:
- Place a single tap on the “Maintenance” tab.
- Hit the “Deep Cleaning” button.
- Choose the ink group to clean deeply.
- Click “Execute” to start the cleaning process.
- Confirm the message and hit the “OK” tab.
- Confirm the message and click the “Print Check Pattern” option.
- Examine the nozzle check pattern.
If any specific color is not printed as you expect, replace the ink cartridge of that color and print.
Method 5: Deep Cleaning Printhead On Macintosh (Mac)
The required steps how to clean printer head Canon Pixma using Mac OS are enumerated underneath. Check them out and implement accordingly:
- First, ensure your Canon Pixma printer is turned ON.
- Now, click the “Canon IJ Printer Utility” dialog box.
- Start Deep Cleaning your Canon Printhead. Here’s how:
- Make sure that the option of “Cleaning” is already selected in the pop-up menu.
- Then, click the “Deep Cleaning” tab.
- Now, choose the respective ink group to begin to clean deeply.
- Then, press the “OK” button.
- The Power lamp will then flash blue which confirms that the printer has started cleaning the printhead.
- Now, click “Print Check Pattern” to examine the Print Head condition.
- In the end, click “Quit” on the Pattern Check dialog.
If the Canon PrintHead didn’t get unclogged, turn off your printer and clean the Print Head Deeply again after 24 hours.
Wasn’t The Guide How To Clean Printer Head Canon Helpful? Consult Us !
To prevent the Print Head from clogging, it is required to print at least once or twice a week. However, you might have applied the above-mentioned course of action to clean your printhead. But, unfortunately, the Canon Printer still delivers poor-quality printouts. In this challenging circumstances, replace the printhead as it may be damaged. The best possible guide on How To Clean Printer Head Canon if nothing works in cleaning your clogged printhead.
Feel free to contact our dexterous tech geeks for one-stop Canon Printer Support to get the blocked printhead completely cleaned in any way.