While sending print jobs to a network printer, users come across an error message that says, “windows cannot connect to the printer”. There are many causes of this error as why it displays on windows, yet it depends on the configuration. To resolve this error, firstly check carefully while the network printer needs to set up with a LAN port or while the printer needs to connect to a new system and share on the network. To fix this error, you can connect printer experts through canon printer support number. Here, we are going to share some important troubleshooting steps given suggested by the experts.
Online Troubleshooting Instructions to Share Network Printer
You attempt these instructions correctly. The printing machine connects to a system and share on that computer and you are trying to add the device on a different computer system on the network.
- You need to click on “Start” option, find out for add printer in the search box of start menu. Click on the link that displays up in the search results.
- When add printer wizard opens, you have to choose which printing machine to configure. For that, choose the checkbox A network printer or a printer connected to another computer system.
- After that, you have to click on next option and choose the connect to the printer under name. You have to enter the path to your shared printer with the help of special characters followed by the name of the computer system, to which the device should share and followed by the printer’s name. Thus, you can connect to the shared printer.
Network Printer Troubleshooting Steps-
In the case, you have a printer connected to LAN or wireless network. You should follow below instructions to fix windows cannot connect to the printer error.
Choose Checkbox local printer connected to this computer system and select checkbox to make a new port as described in the previous step. In the place of choosing a local port from the drop-down, you have to choose standard TCP or IP port.
In the case of forgetting IP address, you need to take a print out of the printer’s configuration sheet. You need to do that from printer’s menus. If you have any questions, you should check user manual provided by the manufacturer.
Allow file & printer sharing on windows firewall-
You cannot connect to the printing machine, if windows firewall stops the connection. Check an exception provides for device and file sharing via windows firewall on the system to which the device need to connect. You need to follow below steps given below-
- Press on “windows” button and open control panel from the start menu.
- From the control panel, select windows firewall and click on “Exceptions”.
- Make sure the file and printer sharing checkbox has a tick streak. It confirms that the application will not block the connection.
Update Printer Drivers-
You will encounter the printer error if you are adding the device to a windows 7 system and the system that hosts the device has windows XP or vista. In this case, you need to download the drivers for windows 7 from the official website of manufacturer and install it on the hosting computer system. When you try to set up a connection from windows 7 system to the device. The driver for the operating system must be accessible from the hosting PC for installation. Thus, your error will resolve, if you are facing this error again and again, you need to call printer experts through canon printer support phone number opening round the clock. Technical experts are very experienced to instruct you step by step for any issue.