Undoubtedly, the most frustrating experience of a printer user is when printer issues pop up out of the blue the moment you start printing. Users witness low ink warnings on their screen when they know the ink cartridge is recently filled and this hampers their productivity. The situation when users see a little flashing light or an error message on their screen makes them think that there is something wrong with their printer when there is not. Low Ink Warning in Windows PC
The printer might show these warning signs due to various other reasons. Here in this blog, you will understand how to override printer ink levels in Canon printers and in general.
Methods To Depict Low Ink Levels
The two methods used by printers to depict low inks are the blink of a light or an inbuilt chip. In printers like Canon PGI-450XL, the laser light passes through the cartridge and measure the level of ink. If the cartridge is clean, the light works.
While in some printers there are pre-installed chips that do the needful. There is a pre-determined number of sheets that a printer prints before it gets empty. The chip records that number and the moment that number of the sheet is printed, the chip start showing the ink level warning sign. This usually begins when the cartridge is actually 75% empty.
Luckily, with human intelligence, most of the problems can be solved. Now that we have understood what causes these random warning signs, let’s understand how to override the low printer ink levels in canon printer.
How to override printer ink levels?
- Right-click on the Start button and go to the ‘All Apps’ option in the context menu.
- Click on the printer icon to reach your printer configuration or printer settings.
- Next, go to the Configuration, Utilities, or Tools on the app’s toolbar. If you see an ‘Estimated ink level’ button, click on it and let the printer do the communication to find out the exact ink levels in your printer’s ink cartridge.
- Else, you can click on the Advanced Settings, Warnings, or Advanced Configuration option to check the ink level.
- Select Do Not Show Me Low Ink Level Warnings.
- Select the OK button.
How to override printer ink levels in Canon printers?
Follow the steps given below to check the ink levels manually in Canon printers.
- Firstly, you need to open the Canon IJ Status Monitor application.
- Open the printer driver setup installed in your Windows system and click on the ‘View Printer Status’ option under the Maintenance tab.
- Canon IJ Status Monitor might look and work slightly differently according to the country or region you selected while configuring your printer.
- If the ink levels are low, you will see a warning mark on the top of the ink level icon. This means you need to change the ink cartridge.
If you are getting too many warnings on ink level and you want to disable the automatic notifications, follow the steps given below.
First, press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it. This will stop the notifications. However, you might need to do it multiple times depending upon the number of empty ink cartridges.