Canon printer is one of the popular and advanced printing devices offering superior quality of printing solution. But we cannot deny the fact that being technical device users can confront some certain errors and due to which they won’t be able to print anything. It can either be software or hardware fault. Though, one most common issue that mostly users generally encounter is Canon Printer 1403 Error. Such an error code has generally been arisen when there is a problem with a printhead or cartridge of your printer. One having lack of technical knowledge cannot deal with this error issue and also not applicable to cope-up it from the root. That’s why; we have posted this blog to let you know the desired troubleshooting guidelines in an effectual ways so that in a least time of interval you can annihilate this issue. Hence, read it out from top-to-toe!
Effective Solutions To Fixed Canon Support Code 1403
Go through the below provided statements to get rid of the error in just a second. Have a glimpse at noted points and follow the guide thoroughly to get quick-fix solution:
Step 1: The very beginning step you need to follow is to check your printer whether it is turned off or on. Now, slowly unplug the printer from the power supply. Open the lid and wait for the carriage so that it can slide automatically. Afterwards, eliminate all the ink cartridges one by one.
Step 2: Now, you need to clean the printhead, cartridges, and other hardware parts carefully. You will have to use a cotton swab, hot water, and isopropyl alcohol to clean the preferred parts. Take the cotton swabs and dip it carefully into the mixture of both hot water and isopropyl alcohol. Now, wipe both the cartridges and printhead properly until they get cleaned and dried.
Step 3: Then after, check if any remaining inks are dozy out from the printhead. You should keep one thing in your mind that until the cartridges get dried completely, you cannot insert it back into the machine. After a couple of minutes once the cartridges gets dry out completely, make sure to insert it within the printhead of the printer. And then put the top cover back to its initial place.
Step 4: In the next step, you are suggested to check that no cartridge or printhead gets out from any side. After that, you will have to plug in the printer back to the power supply and then turn your printer ON back. After doing that, you can check whether the ink cartridges are working correctly or not. Check the printing quality by running a quality check and see whether it prints clearly or appropriately or not.
More Efficacious Solutions You Can Try
However, even after applying all these aforementioned instructions, you still persist Canon Support Code 1403, you should try the solutions given below. So, let’s begin to do this:
Solution 1: Update Your Canon Printer Driver
If a driver gets out-of-date, then this could be one of the possible reasons why you suffer from such errors. Thus, it is important to solve it. To do so, follow the provided steps in the given sequence:
- First, go to the “Start” menu on your Windows, click “Control Panel” option and then opt ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Tap the option “Device Manager” and then select “Printer” from the drop-down list
- Now, place a right-click on your printer and select “Update Driver”. Choose whether you want to search for the driver automatically or manually
- Rather than this, you can visit the official website of Canon printer and download the driver from there
Solution 2: Change The Printer Driver Defaults
Any kind of inappropriately settings done on your printer can lead to this error. Hence, it is recommended to change it immediately via the below provided instructions:
- Go to the Start menu, click on “Settings” and then select ‘Printer & Faxes’ option
- Now, right-click on the printer and choose “Properties”
- Go to the “Advanced” tab, select the “Printing Default” button and then change the settings accordingly
Solution 3: Replace The Ink Cartridges
As we have discussed earlier that the problem is associated with ink cartridges. So, it is recommended to resolve it via replacing it with a new set of ink cartridges. Here are few steps help you to replace the ink cartridges in an easiest form. So let’s do it:
- First, open the front cover and the paper output tray on your printer. Again, open the paper output cover
- Now, push the cartridge until it gets adjusted appropriately and then removes it instantly one-by-one from the printer
- Unpack the new cartridge that you got and remove the protective tape from the surface as well
- Insert the cartridge within the system and move it slightly within the cartridge holder
- Push it until it makes a click like sound. Once you get to hear it, this means the cartridge is installed properly in its slot
- Now, close the paper output cover and then start a print job
Call At 24/7 Helpline Number To Get Technical Assistance At An Instant
Don’t feel blue! If you the Canon Printer 1403 Error still persists as we have professional team always ready to proffer top-notch services to the customers at an affordable cost. So, you only need to place a call on the given helpline number and get united with the technicians who are highly experienced and talented. Within a few possible time, the following error will gonna be disappeared from the root and then you can freely print the document.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Reset My Canon Printer?
Check out the below-mentioned process and implement step by step:
- Firstly, you should turn your Canon printer on.
- Go to the main menu and then perform the operation by using the directional arrows.
- In the setup menu, you should move to the ‘Device’ settings.
- After that, you will have to press ‘OK’ option.
- Opt for the ‘Reset’ settings option.
- Press the ‘OK’ option to give a start to the resetting process.
Note: You should take the help if you face any troubles while following these steps.
What Is B200 Error On Canon Printer?
Are you one of those Canon printer users who have been facing dreaded B200 error while working on your printer? Do you want to be aware of the main cause and the best resolution of such kind of complex error? It happens when the print head has died and needs replacement with the newer one. However, for the solution, you should remove all ink cartridges and then equipped your printer with the new ones. Turn your printer off and then reconnect it and check if the same error is still taking place.
How Do I Reset My Canon Mg5520?
- On your very first, you should turn the Canon Mg5520 printer off.
- Now, you will have to disconnect the power cable from the main supply.
- After waiting for the 30 seconds, you will have to reconnect the power cable.
- Turn the Canon Mg5520 printer on while pressing ‘Resume’ button.
- A light turns on after 10-20 seconds and then you will have to release the ‘Resume’ button.
Doing the same will start the resetting process of your printer and scale up the performance of your printer.
How Do You Remove The Printhead On A Canon Mx922?
- Before you start removing the printhead on the Canon Mx922 printer, you should assure you have turned on your printer.
- After that, you will have to open the ‘Paper Output’ Tray’ and the lift up the printer cover safely.
- Remove all the Ink Cartridge in a proper manner and then gently lift up the print head lock lever.
- Tilt the print head and then lift it out gently. Doing so will surely remove the printhead on a Canon Mx922 printer in an easy manner.
How Do I Reset My Printer?
The process of resetting your printer is as easy as a piece of cake. What you need to do is to turn your printer on at the first step. Moving to the next option asks you to navigate to the main menu and reach out to the ‘Device’ settings. After that, you need to click on the ‘Ok’ option and then tap on the ‘Reset’ settings option. Now, you will have to press the ‘Ok’ option and it will start the resetting process in a proper manner.
What Does The Orange Flashing Light Mean On My Canon Printer?
Alarm lamp flashes orange on the Canon printer when there is any error arising while working on the printer. Problems include paper jamming hurdle, printer is out of paper and many more. When an error occurs, a message explaining the problem pops up on the screen. However, you should take the proper action to troubleshoot the problem that you are suffering from. Apart from that, you can get rid of the hurdles and obstacles by taking help from the experts.
How Do I Clean Printer Heads?
Check out the steps to perform cleaning process:
- Press the ‘Start’ button on your computer system.
- After that, you need to go to the ‘Control Panel’ section.
- Search and click on the ‘Device and Printer’ option.
- Right-click on the printer and then go the printer’s property.
- Now, you will have to click on the ‘Hardware’ option.
- Navigate to the click on the ‘Cleaning’ option and you will be able to clean the printer heads easily.
How Do I Clean The Heads On My Canon Pixma Printer?
Consider accessing the printer driver setup window of your Canon Pixma Printer your first step. After that, you need to go to the ‘Maintenance tab’ and then click on the ‘Cleaning’ option. When you reach out to the ‘Print Head Cleaning’ dialog box, you will have to select the ink group. Make sure, you have selected the one that you want to perform the cleaning operation. After that, you need to execute cleaning by click on the ‘Execute’ option. Once the process of cleaning complete, you can easily check the result.
How Do You Unclog A Printhead Nozzle?
Have a glance at the process mentioned step by step:
- First, turn your printer off and then disconnect the power supply.
- Gently remove the ink cartridge from your printer.
- Take a paper towel and dampen with the cleaning solvent.
- Put the paper towel onto the printhead assembly carriage.
- After that, rub the printer head nozzle with the new paper towel.
- After you done, you need to reinstall your ink cartridges.
- Now, you will have to power up the printer and check the result.