A complete Guide to fix Another computer is using the printer
You are not alone if Another computer is using the printer. It has been reported by a large number of persons. The first step to fix this issue is to restart your printer and reconnect it to your computer. Don’t worry if it doesn’t work; this article offers six alternatives to consider. It’s possible that you won’t have to try all of them. Simply work your way down the list until you discover one that suits your needs.
Several Windows customers have contacted us with inquiries after seeing that Another computer is using the printer error message when attempting to shut down or restart their machine. The majority of impacted individuals claim that the problem persists even when they try to log in with a different user account. As it turns out, the problem isn’t limited to Windows 10, as it also affects Windows 8.1.
What causes the warning “Someone else is still using this PC”?
We looked into this issue by looking at many user complaints and attempting various repair procedures that other afflicted users have proposed for the issue of Another computer is using the printer Canon MX922 or Another computer is using the printer Canon mg3600. As it turns out, this pop-up can be triggered by a variety of circumstances. Here’s a rundown of possible causes for Another computer is using the printer error:
- A Sign-in Option is to blame for the problem. As it turns out, the problem is caused by an option in the Sign-in Options menu that causes the computer to utilize the sign-in information to finish setting up the device and reopen programs automatically.
- Another option is that the previous user that used this PC did not finish the logoff procedure. This might happen as a result of a machine failure or a human desire. In this instance, you’ll need to utilize Task Manager to detach the prior user to resolve the problem.
Fix 1: Restart your computer’s Printer Spooler service.
The Printer Spooler service on your computer may be halted, resulting in the Another computer is using the printer Canon problem. Follow these instructions to restart the Printer Spooler service on your computer:
Before you begin, unplug your computer from the printer by disconnecting the cord or turning off the internet. Reconnect the printer after completing the instructions listed below.
- In the search box next to the Windows icon, type “Services.”
- Locate the “Print Spooler” service in the list of services in the services window.
- Exit out of the Services window.
Re-connect the printer.
Check to see whether your problem has been resolved after rebooting.
Method 2: Remove the prior user’s connection.
As it turns out, this issue of Another computer is using the printer can also be caused by a prior user’s log-off being incomplete. Several Windows customers who were having the same difficulty claimed that they were able to solve the problem by disconnecting the user who was blocking the shutdown or restarting the operation from completing using Task Manager.
Here’s a brief tutorial to utilize Task Manager to disconnect the prior user:
- To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Select the Users tab from the horizontal menu at the top once you’re within the Task Manager interface.
- Then, in the User list, right-click on the user who is no longer logged in and select Disconnect from the context menu that appears.
- Removing the previous user’s connection
Try to repeat the activity that caused the ‘Someone else is still using this PC’ message to appear.
Fix-3: Install the most recent version of your printer’s driver.
The issue you’re having with your printer may be caused by an out-of-date printer driver. Follow these instructions to update your printer driver:
- In the search box, put in “Device Manager.”
- Then, in the search result, select “Device Manager.”
- Select the printer device you’re using from the drop-down menu. Select “Update driver” from the menu.
Wait while Windows looks for, downloads, and installs a suitable driver for your printer. After that, restart your computer.
The above-given guide has covered all the critical points of Another computer is using the printer error and hopefully, after following every step accordingly you would have been able to solve the error successfully.