How To Connect MacBook Air To Canon Wireless Printer?
Before using the Connect MacBook Air To Canon Wireless Printer, you must add it. Until you add your Canon printer on MacBook, you won’t print anything. After successfully adding it, you need to connect them with the use of wi-fi network or USB cable. To get ideas about establishing connection in between the two devices, read this blog post. Here, our experienced and talented technical writer has mentioned the entire connection procedure in a handy way. So, it will be convenient and easier for you to Connect Canon Printer To Mac. You must note one thing that all Wi-Fi printers need a properly configured wi-fi network and the name or SSID and password of that network. By using such credential, you will be able to connect frequently to your MacBook to Canon wireless printer.
Required Methods To Connect MacBook Air To Canon Wireless Printer
Here are the various ways through which one can effortlessly connect the devices. So, keep your eyes feast on the below-mentioned steps:
Method 1: If Your Canon Printer Has A Built-in Display
Printers with a touchscreen or other built-in display (control panel) generally permit you to use that display to choose the wi-fi network and enter the name and its password. Check the printer’s documentation for details.
Method 2: If Your Canon Printer Uses WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup
If your )Wi-Fi router isn’t created by Apple, check the router’s documentation for details about how to add a WPS printer. If your Wi-Fi router is an AirPort Base Station, follow the given steps:
- First, go to the “Applications” folder, select “AirPort Utility” under the “Utilities folder” section
- Now, choose your base station in AirPort Utility, then enter the base station password, if required
- From the menu bar, choose Base Station > Add WPS Printer
- Select either “First attempt” or “PIN” to start making connection. After that, click “Continue” tab
- If you go with the option “First attempt,” push the WPS button on the printer. When the printer’s MAC Address shows in AirPort Utility, click “Done”
- If you go for “PIN,” enter the printer’s PIN number, which should be listed in the printer’s documentation and then press “Continue”. When the printer’s MAC Address appears in AirPort Utility, click “Done”
- At the end close AirPort Utility
Method 3: If Your Canon Printer Can Connect To Your Mac Via USB Cable
You can use a USB connection to set up Wi-Fi printing. Follow the below points:
- Connect your Canon printer to your MacBook with the use of an appropriate USB cable
- Install the Mac software that came with the printer, and make sure that it includes a printer setup assistant
- Use the printer setup assistant to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network. Check the printer’s documentation for details
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and Mac. The printer will yet be connected to the Wi-Fi network
Contact To Deft Connoisseurs For Assistance
In case, you are not satisfied with the above mentioned steps, you can feel free to contact us via dialing the helpline number. We are available round the clock to assist you at any condition. We have talented and skilled squad who are helpful and friendly in nature. So, you can clear out all your doubts regarding connection to MacBook with Canon printer within a pinch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Won’t My Mac Connect To My Wireless Printer?
There are numerous numbers of hurdles and obstacles which occur when it comes to connecting your wireless printer to Mac. However, you should check the connection and make sure whether your printer and Mac PC are using the same network. Besides, if you are running into the problems, you will have to restart your printer. Also, you will also need to give a quick restart to your computer system and your router too. Moreover, you should also fetch the assistance from the experts if you are unable to connect to your wireless printer.
How Do I Setup A Wireless Printer On My Mac?
- Firstly, you should click on the ‘Apple’ option and then go to the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- After that, you will also need to click on the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option.
- Now, you should add the printer by pressing the plus ‘+’ sign available over there.
- Here, a new window will pop up and then you need to select the printer from the list.
- Follow the on-screen directions and you will successfully be able to setup the wireless printer on your Mac.
How Do I Print From My Macbook Air?
Below are the steps that you need to follow to get the print from Macbook Air:
- What you need to do is to open the document and then press the CTRL + P key using your keyboard.
- Now, specify the number of copies that you are looking for.
- Once you specific printing parameters in a proper manner, you should click on the ‘Print’ option.
You should also take the proper suggestion and necessary directions regarding the same. Simply approach the experts and ask for help.
How Do I Get My Mac To Recognize My Printer?
All you need to do is to go to the Apple menu on your first step. Here, you will come across the ‘Preferences’ option that you need to click on it. Now, you should click on the ‘Print & Fax’ option and the go to the ‘Printing’ tab. Once you click on it, you will come across the printer available on your Mac computer system. Besides, if you are looking forward to getting more information about the same, you should take help from the experts.
How Do I Get My Printer To Connect Wirelessly?
If you are using the Mac operating system, you should click on the ‘Apple’ symbol to connect your printer wirelessly. Now, you need to navigate to the ‘System Preferences’ option and then go to the Printers & Scanners’ icon. After that, you should click on the plus ‘+’ sign to add the printer. Once you click, you will come across a new window and you will be able to connect your printer wirelessly. However, you can also obtain the right guidance from the professionals if you face any troubles regarding the same.
Why Has My Printer Stopped Working Wirelessly?
Your printer stopped working due to a wide variety of known and unknown reasons. For the best in class solution, you should restart your computer system first. Then, you should also give a quick restart to your printer and wireless router. Once you done, you need to make sure that your connection is stable or not. After performing all of them, you should have a test print from your printer. If you are still facing the same hurdles, you should properly take help from the experts.
How Do I Uninstall And Reinstall A Printer On A Mac?
First of all, you need to go to the Apply menu and then navigate to the ‘System Preference’. After that, you need to click on the ‘Print & Fax’ and then click the ‘-‘button to remove the printer. Click on the ‘Ok’ option. Once you remove or uninstall the printer from your Mac PC, you need to move to reinstallation part. For that, you need to visit the manufacture’s website and download the appropriate drivers of the printer. Hereafter, you will have to follow the directions to install these software and drivers on the Mac devices.
How Do I Reset My Printer On My Mac?
To reset printer on your Mac operation system, you need to perform the process step by step. What you need to do is to go to the control panel of your printer. Here, you will have to press the ‘Menu/Set key’ option. Now, you need to select ‘Printer’ by pressing up or down navigation key. After that, you will have to press the ‘Menu’ option and then select the ‘Reset Printer’ option. Lastly, to reset your printer, you need to press 1 to select ‘Yes’ option.
How Do I Reset My Printer?
Have a look at the steps to reset your printer appropriately:
- First of all, you need to turn your printer off, at your very first step.
- After turning it off, you will have to press the power button and resume button together.
- Now, you will have to turn your printer on while holding the resume button.
- Moreover, you can release the resume button after 10 to 20 seconds. Doing so will surely help you out to reset your printer.
Take suggestion from the experts, if necessary.