If you recently purchased Canon pixma Pro-100 and want to start printing immediately but have no clue how to set it up then we are here to help you and you have nothing to worry about.
Ways to setup Canon Pixma Pro-100
There are mainly 3 ways that you can try to use to setup Canon Pro-100. They are-
- WPS Connection Method
- Network Settings Confirmation
- Standard USB Connection Method
We will be explaining them below and you can pick the method which suits you the best.
Canon Pixma Pro-100 setup via WPS Connection Method
Before setting up Canon Pro-100 using WPS Connection Method, you must keep the following points in mind-
- Ensure that the access point has a physical WPS switch.
- You can refer to the standard connection method if there is no WPS switch
- Make sure that your network is using WPA or WPA2 security protocol because a lot of WPS supported access points use it
Refer to the following steps for Canon Pixma Pro-100 setup via WPS Connection Method:
- Switch on your Canon Pro-100 printer
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button located on top of the printer till you see a blue light
- Once the blue light flickers, make sure that it goes up the indicator. As soon as it reaches the access point, press the WPS button within 2 minutes
- The Wi-Fi light will continue flashing while it will search for a connection.
- This is a sign that Canon Pro-100 has been connected successfully
Canon Pixma Pro-100 setup via Network Settings Confirmation
- Turn on Canon Pro 100
- Load in a letter sized plain paper or A4 sheet
- You will see a sign which says Resume/Cancel. Press and hold it till the light glints for at least 6 times
- Once you release it, you will get a print out of the network page
- Make sure that you have an active connection while referring to the printed page. Ensure that the Service Set Identifier is displaying the real name of your wireless network.
Canon Pixma Pro-100 setup via Standard USB Connection Method
- You must have received a CD with Canon Pro 100 printer. Insert it to run the setup
- If you are a Windows Userand the CD doesn’t run on its own then remove the CD and insert it again in your laptop/ desktop. Go to ‘My Computer’ and click on ‘CD-ROM’ and then double click on [MSETUP4.EXE]
- If you are a Windows 8 Userthen you will have to double click on ‘Canon_IJ’. Once the selection window pops up, then click on ‘MSETUP4.EXE’ to run it
- If you are a Mac Userthen go to the desktop and you will see a Canon icon on which you will have to double click. Once you see the selection window, click on ‘Setup’ which will start the software download link.
- Click on ‘Next’ once you see the initial screen
- Then select ‘Wireless Connection’
- Click on ‘Connect to the network’
- In the next window, you will see an option which says ‘Wireless setup using the USB Cable’. You are supposed to select it
- Select the region (US, Canada, India, etc.) in the next step
- In the next screen, select the language
- Once you see a pop up, you will have to pick the software you want to install, and then click on ‘Next’. It is not a problem if you don’t identify the specific package you would like to add at this level. You can uninstall it anytime depending upon your convenience.
- Comply with the top user license agreement and click on ‘Ok’
- Connect Canon Pro 100 printer to the laptop/ desktop using the USB cord
- Once the printer is detected, it will appear on the screen. Select the preferred wireless network to connect the printer to
- Once it is done, disconnect the printer from the laptop/ desktop and then select ‘Next’
- Move to the next step after matching the SSID and printer model number
- Click on ‘Ok’ once you are done
These were some simple steps to setup Canon Pixma Pro-100 easily. If you were unable to set it up then don’t worry about it. All you need to do is get in touch with us and we will assist you in the best possible way.